The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrative Assistant (GS-5)
Job SummaryUnder the guidance and general supervision of the Deputy Secretary-General and Legal Counsel, the incumbent will perform a wide range of administrative and support functions for the Office of Legal Affairs
- Schedule appointments and travel reservations; screen phone calls and visitors; respond to moderately complex information requests and inquiries and where necessary, refer inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Arrange and assist with the servicing of internal and external meetings (prepare briefing materials and take Minutes upon request).
- Maintain an up-to-date mail merge database containing the contact information for Member States, Observer States and Organizations, Members of the Legal and Technical Commission, ISA Contractors’ point of contact, and other stakeholders.
- Prepare correspondence for dispatch to the contacts listed above.
- Proofread documents and edit texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style and for adherence to established formatting standards.
- Assist with the preparation of presentation material using appropriate software tools.
- Assist with the maintenance of the filing and database systems for the work unit.
- Provide administrative and logistic support to workshops and other events as well as the annual sessions of the Authority.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Under the supervision of the Librarian, perform duties related to the use, acquisition and maintenance of the library and library collections.
- Provide assistance in the maintenance of the Library collections according to the library’s classification systems.
- Perform duties related to the acquisition of library materials. Locate and retrieve records from bibliographic databases or resources; make bibliographic verifications.
- Assist with processing of all new materials; check orders received.
- Assist with basic research and reference enquiry questions, as required. Handle most questions directly, referring only the most difficult or unique to a supervisor or others.
- Assist with documents distribution, as required.
- Assist in the preparation of information for electronic storage or retrieval; utilize software packages for library use to input data, update and maintain information files according to prescribed guidelines. Perform basic research preparatory to metadata creation and updating of selected records.
- Provide support in the maintenance of electronic resources and tools.
- Assist in ensuring completeness of the ISA print and electronic documents collection.
- Note and arrange for repairs of materials; note and arrange for the assembly and binding of materials and monitor.
- Provide technical support to library patrons using electronic or other resources and reference tools.
- Perform basic library circulation functions, including retrieval, check-out, discharge and recall of material.
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
- Perform general office assistance duties including: operating copiers and other office machines, sorting, processing and filing incoming material.
- Provide administrative support for the Library and undertake other related duties as assigned.
- Professionalism: Commitment to quality performance, demonstrated use of initiative and ability to interpret and apply rules, organizational skills. Ability to research, select, organize and summarize information required by the Deputy to the Secretary-General and Legal Counsel; systematic filing. Ability to manage processes, be conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments; Show pride in work and achievements; observe deadlines and achieve results; shows persistence and motivation when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remain calm in stressful situations; Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions.
- Communication: Speak and write clearly and effectively; listen to others, correctly interpret messages from others and respond appropriately; demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed; ask questions to clarify; tailor language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Proven interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Client Orientation: Consider all those to whom services are provided to be clients and seeks to see things from their point of view; establish and maintain productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identify clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; meet timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Planning and Organizing: identify priority activities and assignment; adjust priorities as required; allocate appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
- Qualifications: Completion of secondary school education is required. Additional training in office administration or secretarial training, experience working in a Library and in the use of computer systems, including ILS are assets.
- Work Experience: Five years of progressively responsible secretarial and/or administrative experience.
- Language: For the post advertised, fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of another ISA official language is an asset.
- Other Skills: Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook Office, Power Point, Excel) is desirable and proficiency in the use of the internet. Experience working in a multicultural and/or international work environment is highly desirable.
This position is a local recruitment post for Kingston, Jamaica