DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The position of Administrative Assistant I is required to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to the following:
The duties of the Administrative Assistant I, include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs with the overall day to day management of the office as well as matters arising from the UB Alumni Association;
- Assist with the supervision of all support staff;
- Assist with the planning of all Alumni Affairs and Alumni Association events. (e.g. Homecoming, Alumni Class Reunions, Alumni Mix & Mingles, Alumni Leadership Series and Alumni Board Meetings etc.);
- Attend meetings with the Director and Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs as invited. Keep notes of discussions held and decisions taken in such meetings for distribution to relevant persons;
- Undertake research and/or follow-up activities and provide administrative support related to special projects as directed by the Director of Alumni Affairs;
- Receive all mail and telephone calls to the office of the Director of Alumni Affairs and acts accordingly;
- Keep and attend to the active "in" and "out" trays in the office of the Director of Alumni Affairs;
- Maintain an accurate filing system as agreed by the University of The Bahamas;
- Keep a record of the support staff's vacation, sick leave, absenteeism and casual leave;
- Monitor and order supplies and equipment for the office;
- Prepare correspondence and requisitions for approval by the Director of Alumni Affairs;
- Assist in the co-ordination of the Fall and Spring phonathon activities;
- Assist with the follow up of the Fall and Spring phonathon activities as directed by the Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs;
- Prepare correspondence and mail for the Alumni Affairs Office;
- Represent the administrative office on committees e.g. Filing, Secretaries and Support staff affairs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet and Intranet;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent with no work experience, or Associate Degree in relevant area with three (10) years work experience.