The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrative Assistant II
Job SummaryThis position provides administrative support for the Division of Student Affairs Administration team.
The Administrative Assistant will play a key role in supporting the pioneering work of developing the division of Student Affairs at UB-North and will provide direct support to the Dean of Students (DOS) and to other Student Affairs personnel as assigned in this regard. The ideal candidate will enhance the functioning of the team and its capacity to serve students by providing administrative support including but not limited to project support, scheduling, document management, office supply maintenance, preparation of meeting agendas and minutes, supervision of student workers, event and meeting planning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties of the Administrative Assistant, Student Affairs UB-North, include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure smooth administration of daily activities;
- Manage the Dean of Students’ calendar and schedule, prioritize appointments and proactively resolve conflicts;
- Organize travel, meetings, and agenda for the Dean of Students;
- Maintain organized physical and on-line office files and office supplies;
- Receive and screen all communications, visitors and incoming calls, determine priorities and make referrals to appropriate department as needed;
- Communicate courteously and diplomatically on behalf of the Dean of Students with senior administrators, staff, faculty, students and the public on matters related to the Office;
- Monitor Student Affairs UB-North webpage for content and accuracy;
- Assist with the general oversight and management of all Division budgets in collaboration with department heads and in the preparation for annual budget proposals;
- Provide assistance and guidance to Division staff who are responsible for purchasing, contracts, events, and other related activities;
- Hire, train and supervise student assistants;
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned by Dean of Students;
- Support division-wide strategic planning, innovation and change;
- Review all incoming and outgoing documents for the Dean of Students signature to ensure compliance with divisional and university guidelines;
- Perform any other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or the equivalent, AND at least four (4) years post-qualification work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of campus and general office policies and procedures;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to include editing;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate skillfully with superiors, associates, subordinates and other constituents;
- Effective organizational and time management skills to include event planning and registration;
- In-depth knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office package and willingness to learn new software applications;
- Ability to maintain complex administrative, fiscal, and other records and to prepare statistical and other reports that include complex information;
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external constituencies and defuse difficult situations;
- Ability to exercise good judgment, independently set priorities and meet deadlines and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality;
- Ability to organize and manage budgets and prepare related reports.