The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrative Assistant II
Job SummaryUniversity of The Bahamas is pleased to invite applications for the position of Administrative Assistant II, Office of The Dean of Students.
This position provides direct support to the Dean of Students. The ideal candidate will enhance the functioning of the team and its capacity to service students by providing administrative support including but not limited to project support, scheduling, document management, office supply maintenance, preparation of meeting agendas and minutes and event and meeting planning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The position of Administrative Assistant II is required to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and perform a range of operational support activities and duties;
- Act as liaison in coordinating matters with the Dean of Students and all other departmental heads concerning day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Assist the Dean of Students in problem solving, project planning and development and the execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Draft and/or type materials, memos, correspondence, reports, agreements and other documents of a highly sensitive and confidential nature; proof-read the above items for accuracy, completeness and compliance with UB standards, policies and procedures.
- Manage office details by relieving the Dean of Students of routine request for information and complaints from students and the public and refer routine issues to appropriate area.
- Design, Maintain and organize the record keeping and filing system for the office.
- Receive and screen visitors and telephone calls.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, events, interviews, appointments, conferences and/or other similar activities for the Dean of Students.
- Prioritize incoming correspondence and maintain follow-up/reminder system to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Provide support to committees which the Dean of Students is a part, by typing and distributing minutes or records of decisions, preparing agenda packages, arranging meeting dates/times/rooms and contacting participants, and attend meetings as required to record meetings.
- Coordinate/make travel and lodging arrangements for the Dean of Students.
- Train and provide supervision to work-study students and other personnel as assigned.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and replenish stock, when necessary by completing requisitions.
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer services.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Competent at report writing;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate skillfully with colleagues, administrators and other constituents;
- Effective organizational and time management skills;
- In-depth knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office suite and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent, AND at least four (4) years post-qualification work experience.