The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrative Assistant - Legal & Safety
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Administrative Assistant - Legal & Safety.
- Provides full administrative support to In-House Legal Counsel, Sr. Manager responsible for Health & Safety; including the preparation of correspondence, reports, contracts, vendor agreements, legal documents, receiving calls and visitors, and other clerical responsibilities.
- Liaise with potential vendors and or tenants to ensure that all documents required for contracts are submitted and complete; liaise with department managers within the Company to ensure that they have provided all the necessary quotes, bids, etc. to enter into contracts with vendors.
- To file documents both electronically and physically in an easily retrievable format, to create databases of files kept and index of correspondence.
- Research and information gathering.
- Maintaining Law Library by indexing new books, journals and periodicals.
- Copy, file and properly label newspaper articles regarding the Company and or relevant newspaper articles concerning the industry.
- Assist with organizing legal and safety events including organizing boardroom for meetings; liaising with IT for requisite media, food vendors and other relevant vendors, contacting guests and speakers or participants.
- Assist with organizing legal and safety training, assists with organizing safety drills, safety toolbox topics, safety communication and safety action plans and initiatives.
- Assist with the relief of Safety Warden when required and or special safety projects requiring fieldwork.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
Skills, Experience, Capabilities - We're Looking for the Following in Applicants
- Knowledge of office administration procedures
- Ability to maintain strict confidence
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional planning, time management and organizational skills
- Professional with good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including business professional and grammar skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to face challenges and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently as well as with others
- Secretarial Certification or College Credits in Business or Administration
- Experience of at least 5 years as an Administrative Assistant
- Experience working in a safety related field a plus