The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrative Manager (GMG/SEG 1) - Institute of Science Legal Medicine
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Administrative Manager (GMG/SEG 1) - Institute of Science Legal Medicine
To develop and implement appropriate mechanisms to ensure effective office systems and equipment, efficient procurement and supply of office services and materials and the maintenance of ergonomically sound and safe work spaces in support of the Institute’s goals and objectives and in accordance with established standards and regulation and
- Office systems and equipment maintained.
- Procurement Plan managed
- Procurement of goods/services managed.
- Contracts reviewed
- Store and systems supplies maintained.
- Asset and stock inventory managed and maintained
- Payment request certification performed.
- Operational reports prepared.
- Filing systems managed
- Reports prepared and submitted
- Staff appraisals conducted
- Cabinet Submission prepared
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the procurement of supplies, equipment and services in accordance with government policies and procedures in order to meet organization needs through the most cost effective means;
- Plans, directs and manages the procurement functions and activities within the Institute;
- Prepares Cabinet Submissions for contracts spending threshold and submits to the Executive Director for review;
- Prepares, interprets and evaluates Contract documents;
- Prepares and manages the Annual budget for the Unit
- Directs and manages the processing of Tenders and Bid Evaluations;
- Interprets and implements Purchasing Policy and advises on problems encountered;
- Reviews and interprets contract provisions contracts for accuracy and changes prior to bid and renewal;
- Provides technical advice to the Executive Director and other stakeholders on Procurement matters.
- Oversees the provision of an efficient system of storage of and supplies and monitors to ensure adherence to internal control measures;
- Develops and manages the Institutes Maintenance Schedules for systems and equipment;
- Ensures scheduled servicing and repairs of assets;
- Liaises with service providers, Ministry of Finance and other stakeholders for the provision of goods and relevant reports respectively;
- Manages the inventory of stocks and assets within the Institute;
- Reviews submissions for Procurement Committee;
- Prepares and submits Contract Reports to National Contracts Commissions;
- Represent the Institute on Procurement related matters that falls within the purview of the Unit;
- Reviews and submits PMAS documentation (Work Plans and Performance Reviews) for direct reports
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Working knowledge of computer applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of FAA Act, Staff Orders, Government Procurement Procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Office Management, principles and Procedures
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Management Studies/Public or Business Administration/Social Sciences
- Two (2) years working experience in Office Services and Procurement
Please note that we thank all for responding but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.