The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Administrative Officer.
Qualification and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration/Project Management or a related discipline
- Considerable experience in a senior administrative capacity in academia and/or business
- Considerable knowledge of UWI policies, procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of current issues and developments in agriculture, food and nutrition would be an asset.
- Providing policy advice, guidance and support to the Dean, Deputy Deans, Heads of Department and Administrative Assistants in matters and activities pertaining to students, staff and programmes in accordance with University policy that include Strategic Visioning and Planning for the Faculty
- Consulting with staff on matters pertaining to the efficient management and organization of Faculty, on behalf of the Dean
- Providing academic advice and guidance to students
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Dean or designate.
The Faculty of Food & Agriculture places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also possess a track record of skills acquired in the following areas:
- Business Process Review and Improvement
- Administration, Organization and Management
- Problem Solving, Decision Making and Interpersonal Relations
- Efficient Management of Human, Physical and Financial Resources
- IT Proficiency
Candidates must also:
- Have strong leadership qualities;
- Have strong client service and client liaison skills;
- be self-motivated; and
- be solution oriented