The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrative Secretary (OPS/ADS 1)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post of Administrative Secretary in the Human Resource Management and Administration Department, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
The Administrative Secretary (OPS/ADS 1):
- provides general secretarial support to the Heads of Units/Team Leader and the Units. The incumbent also provides support for Meetings, Courtesy Calls, social events and a wide range of office support activities;
- projects a professional image through in person and telephone interaction thereby upholding the Office’s high standards of service delivery which is considered vital and deserving to visitors, stakeholders and staff;
- seeks to achieve the job purpose by embracing, demonstrating and contributing to the Mission of the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
- Monitors the Head of Unit’s/Team Leader’s Weekly, Monthly and Annual Diaries in order to be kept abreast of and to ensure optimal response time and preparedness for activities on the Unit matters;
- Answers, screens and transfers inbound phone calls, makes outbound calls as required. Provides discreet and routine information to telephone and/or other enquiries;
- Composes letters, memoranda and reports; prepares written responses as required;
- Prepares official and other documents as required;
- Maintains an appropriate system to control and safe guard confidential documents, files and reports;
- Prepares Briefing Notes as required for the Unit relating to International partners, stakeholders and/or as directed;
- Provides secretarial support to Unit Managers/Supervisors for the preparation and submission of reports, request made by government bodies, international partners/stakeholders, Ministry of Justice etc., as required;
- Attends event planning/other meetings as required. Prepares agendas and schedules, takes notes and prepares Minutes. Circulates approved Minutes and follows-up with relevant persons on action items as directed;
- Sends e-mails, faxes, scans, copies and files; retrieves documents and correspondence as required;
- Liaises with Court Administrator regarding new files not yet received, takes all relevant information and prepares an addendum to lists where necessary;
- Digitizes and updates files using the electronic Prosecuting Attorney System (PAS) to update case files and Minutes Sheets;
- Takes dictation/shorthand notes and reproduces relevant documents;
- Assigns files, letters, rulings and memoranda to Legal Staff as per instructions from the Director of Public Prosecutions;
- Provides administrative support to all members of the Unit/team as required;
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Takes the lead role in the preparation of invitations for events; co-ordinates the RSVP process, providing updates as required;
- Liaises with sponsors for social programmes and events;
- Attends social/community events as required and provides support prior to and during events.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Secretarial skills
- Excellent time management and organizing skills
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent word processing/typing and speedwriting/shorthand skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, Publisher and the proper use of other computer applications
- Ability to work in a team
- Attention to details
- Ability to address problems in the absence of the supervisor
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems
- Knowledge of principles and practices of Office Management
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Certificate in Administrative Management – Level 2 or successful completion of the Certified Professional Secretary;
- Three (3) years’ experience in an Executive Secretary capacity;
- Certificate in Office Administration, graduation from an approved Secretarial School;
- Two (2) years in a similar environment.
Special Condition Associated with the Job
- May be required to work a flexible schedule which at times will include long hours and work on weekends and Public Holidays.
Salary range: $981,104 - $1,166,224 per annum
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.