This role includes responsibility for Property/Facilities Management and Maintenance, General Office Management, Security, Records Management, and Transport and Vehicle Management Operations.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Estate Management, Land Economy or equivalent
- Certificate in Supervisory Management or equivalent
- Three (3) years experience in property/facilities management and maintenance
- Experience with fleet vehicle management and maintenance will be a distinct advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Valid PPV/CMC Driver's Licence
- Very good oral communication skills
- Very good written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and environmental Awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork and cooperation skills
- Demonstrated high level of integrity
- Demonstrated customer and quality focus
- Very good leadership skills
- Very good people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize for results
- Property and Facilities Management (including General Safety, Security and Emergency Management)
- Motor Vehicle Management and Maintenance
- Knowledge of Applicable Legislation and Regulations
- Budget Preparation
- Records Management
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications
Summary of Duties
- Manages the daily operations of the General Services Unit including providing technical guidance and supervision to the professional and support staff in execution of all activities (i.e. Property/Facilities Management and Maintenance, General Office Management, Security, Records Management, and Transport and vehicle Management Operations).
- Manages all activities related to all properties/buildings owned, leased/rented by the Institute to ensure that they are efficiently managed and maintained, consistently meet established environmental, health and security standards and legal requirements.
- Records, assesses and prioritizes all complaints/reports concerning building emergencies and other maintenance issues and ensures that they are resolved.
- Schedules quarterly inspections of the Institute’s offices island-wide by the Transport and Maintenance Supervisor, to ensure that properties/facilities are properly maintained; furniture and equipment are in good condition; plumbing, air conditioning and lighting systems etc. are functioning at optimal levels.
- Monitors the progress and execution of all construction and renovation projects and repairs to buildings/facilities, furniture and equipment; inspects/tests and certifies that work has been completed according to specifications and quality standards and recommends payment of bills submitted.
- Monitors existing lease/rental agreements to ensure that conditions relating to renewal, including rent increases are negotiated prior to expiry dates.
- Implements and monitors strategies for energy conservation throughout the Institute.
- Monitors and ensures renewal of service contracts relating to air conditioning systems, fire extinguishers, photocopiers, telephone system (CUG) and delivery of daily newspapers.
- Handles the administration of the Institute’s Closed User Group (CUG) cellular telephone system including the distribution of phones, referrals for repairs, retrieval of devices and the maintenance of the Mobile Device Management System.
- Manages procedures for identification, removal from service and disposal of non-repairable or obsolete fixed assets.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Plan for the Institute, including leading the emergency team in conducting safety, fire and evacuation drills.
- Manages the Institute’s centralized records management system including overseeing the operations of the central registry.
- Organizes all activities related to the logistics of offsite storage/archiving and the disposal of records and documents where prior disposal was authorized by Directors.
- Manages Transport and Fleet Vehicle Management Operations with a focus on ensuring compliance with the GOJ Motor Vehicle Policy (Fleet Vehicles); all applicable Licensing, certification, fitness and insurance requirements; and the Institute’s internal policies and procedures including preventative fleet maintenance; timely repairs and efficient customer service.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted