The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrative Specialist II
Job SummaryThe successful candidate will perform routine administrative work in support of the Human Services Research Partnerships: Virgin Islands Cooperative Agreement grant being administered from the Caribbean Exploratory (NIMHD) Research Center.
The candidate will have broad responsibilities in the areas of operations, procedures, purchasing, personnel, and budgeting.
Additionally, the candidate will maintain the project office and secure confidential files; establish and maintain electronic and hard copy filing system; develop a tracking system for receipt and distribution of correspondence;
Manage preparations for meetings, conferences, and other project related events and functions. Schedules speakers, facilities, equipment, travel, and hotel accommodations in support of the HSRP:VI.
The successful candidate will, from time to time, develop draft correspondence; create databases and spreadsheets; assist with monitoring expenditures and maintaining internal financial records of the HSRP:VI.
The successful candidate will also handle procurement for the HSRP:VI under the direction of the Project Director. This includes keeping an inventory of supplies; making purchases; identifying needed office and operating supplies and secure needed items within the guidelines of the University’s Procurement Policy Manual.
The successful candidate will provide exceptional customer service to all constituents; work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the smooth operation of the HSRP:VI; and perform related duties, as assigned.
- prioritize work load and assigned tasks
- organize work efficiently
- apply principles to solve practical problems;
- attend to detail and maintain confidentiality
- competently utilize Microsoft Office suite
- exercise good judgment
- research emerging issues, gather information, and recommend possible solutions and/or resolutions
- work collaboratively as a team member
- take initiative and work independently
- provide courteous service
- communicate using standard English
- written and oral communication
- interpersonal communication
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and at least five years of experience in business administration, higher education, or in an administrative support role is required; or at least five years of related work experience in business administration or higher education.
- Works in office. May be called upon to assist at meetings and other grant-related activities outside the office.
- Moderate pressure to meet deadlines.