The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrator (GMG/AM 1)
Job SummaryTo prepare payment vouchers, commitment vouchers, purchase orders for payment of goods and services procured by the Ministry.
- Liaises with suppliers and obtain quotations for purchase of goods and services;
- Obtains approval from Procurement Officer to purchase goods from selected quotations;
- Checks and records goods received on the requisite card/register and stock away;
- Verifies nomenclature and specification of purchase request;
- Computes total cost of items purchased using calculator;
- Ensures that requisition forms are accurately completed by members of staff;
- Issues supplies to Departments;
- Checks inventory records or stores to determine if supplies on hand are in sufficient quantity;
- Consults with suppliers concerning late deliveries;
- Complies records of items purchased or transferred between Departments;
- Compiles data from sources, such as contracts, purchase orders, invoice, requisition and enters information into computer to maintain inventory;
- Prepares requisition orders or other documents for purchasing or requisitioning new or additional stock items;
- Maintains stock cards;
- Performs physical inventory counting of stock;
- Conducts audit as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good planning, organizing and problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Customer and Quality Focus
- Knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act;
- Knowledge of Government of Jamaica (GOJ) Inventory Standards and Procedures;
- Working knowledge of an inventory software application;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite i.e. Word, Excel etc.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Certificate in Supplies Management;
- Four (4) CSEC/GCE O’ Level to include English, Mathematics, Principles of Accounts or Principles of Business;
- Three (3) years related working experience in inventory control procedures.
Salary range $701,638 - $834,027 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.