The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrator (GMG/AM 2)
Job SummaryUnder the direct supervision of the Human Resource and Administration Manager (GMG/SEG 1), the Administrator (GMG/AM 2) is responsible for managing the Support Service Unit and the procurement of goods and services for the Division.
- Participates in the preparation of the Division’s Operational Plant Quarantine/Produce Inspection;
- Represents the Division at meetings, conferences and workshops;
- Provides professional advice/guidance to members of staff in the interpretation and application of relevant government policies, rules and regulations.
- Prepares letters of recommendations for acting appointments and temporary employment to the Personnel Unit;
- Procures stationery and cleaning agents for the Division;
- Issues stationery and maintains records of goods;
- Issues cleaning agents and ensures that officers are supplied with the required amount;
- Prepares the Monthly Attendance Report and submits to Head Office;
- Oversees the operation of the Divisions Registry
- Maintains Leave Cards;
- Liaises with Head Office as it relates to telephone services;
- Liaises with leave officer on matters concerning leave and pension benefits for officers;
- Maintains inventory records;
- Clearly identifies and addresses Staff needs in a timely manner;
- Ensures staff performance meets or exceeds set targets.
- Supervises the Part-time Cleaner, Attendants and the Registrars;
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of direct reports, prepares performance appraisals and recommends and/or initiates corrective action where necessary to improve performance and/or attainment of established personal and/or organizational goals;
- Participates in the recruitment for the Division and recommends promotion and leave in accordance with established human resource policies and procedures;
- Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, communication, training and mentoring.
- Establishes and maintains a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee’s empowerment and commitment to the Division’s organizational goal.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership skills
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good customer relations skills
- Good knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resource Administration
- Knowledge of the operations of Government/Knowledge of the Ministry’s policies and procedures
- Use of relevant computer software applications
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma/Certificate in Human Resource Management or Personnel Management or Public Administration, along with two (2) years’ experience at the supervisory level.
Salary range $843,432- $1,002,576 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.