The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrator (GMG/AM 3)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post Administrator (GMG/AM 3) – National Spatial Data Management Branch in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation.
Under the general direction of the Principal Director, the incumbent is responsible for performing technical and administrative duties to support the effective and efficient functioning of the National Spatial Data Management Branch.
- Assists in the preparation of the Division’s Strategic and Operational Plans, Procurement Plans and Cash Flows;
- Assists with the preparation of the Division’s budget and related budgetary programmes;
- Develops Individual work plan based on alignment with the Division’s Operational and Strategic Plan;
- Participates in meetings, workshops, seminars and other events as needed.
- Assists with the implementation of the division’s projects and programmes;
- Conducts research and executes questionnaires and prepares resulting reports;
- Assists in organizing and co-ordinating, workshops, seminars, training sessions, exhibitions, forums conducted by the Division;
- Conducts research to assist with the preparation of Cabinet Notes and Submissions;
- Collates information and prepares the Divisional, Monthly, ESSJ and other special reports;
- Prepares brochures and relevant literature for workshops and courses;
- Performs technical secretarial services for the Land Information Council of Jamaica:
- Schedules and convenes LICJ and its sub-committee meetings
- Prepares Minutes of meetings
- Researches and prepares briefs and reports for repose matters;
- Answers queries and prepares responses to requests from members of the LICJ, Government Agencies and the general public;
- Maintains adequate levels of stationery and supplies at the LICJ Geo-informatics Training Centre and for the Division;
- Undertakes the procurement of equipment and supplies for the Division in collaboration with the Procurement Unit;
- Manages and maintains inventory records for all goods, equipment and furniture reposed in the Division;
- Organizes and ensures all existing and new furniture, equipment and other goods are marked and related inventory registers updated;
- Prepares and maintains all invoices generated from services delivered by the Division;
- Arranges for the expeditious processing of bills generated;
- Manages the petty cash account and generate statements and reports as required;
- Manages the Attendance Register and generates the monthly report.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of direct reports, prepares performance appraisals and recommends and/or initiates corrective action where necessary to improve performance and/or attaining established personal and/or organizational goals;
- Supervises the office attendant/cleaner:
- Monitors the cleaning and maintenance of office environment;
- Manages and monitors the dispatch and collection of mail;
- Oversees and monitors the distribution and use of cleaning supplies and other products/materials.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft standard computer applications
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Good people management/supervisory skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team and results oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good research and information gathering skills
- Organized and deadline-oriented
- Good analytical skills
- Possesses initiative
- Knowledge of Geography, GIS or a spatial science would be an asset
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- A First Degree in Public/Business Administration or related discipline;
- Two (2) years working experience in administration.
- Associate Degree in Public/Business Administration or related discipline;
- Four (4) years working experience in administration.
Salary range $1,010,480 – $1,201,144 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.