The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Airline Station Manager
Job SummaryResponsible for maintaining, supporting and improving the overall station operation to support all business units of the company.
- Responsible for station compliance of all safety regulations and requirements pertaining to the station, aircraft, facilities, equipment and personnel.
- Responsible for achieving all ground operations and corporate goals as related to performance, safety, service, and regulatory compliance. Ensures all employees and vendors are aware of station and corporate goals and expectations.
- Oversee the Cargo terminal’s ongoing operations to ensure that terminal, aircraft movement, loading/unloading of aircraft and cargo handling meet all company and governmental policies and regulations and that customers receive quality service.
- Interacts with all customers and vendors to ensure proper training in company requirements and procedures. Ensures customers and vendors know whom to contact if they have problems.
- Monitors all station contracts to ensure all vendors are complying with all contract provisions and service level agreements.
- Meets with customers and vendors on a regular basis to discuss potential problem areas and the entire scope of the company. Resolves all problems arising from vendors, crews, hotels, catering, maintenance, fuelers, ground handlers, or customers.
- Monitors and evaluates work performance of all company employees assigned to the station.
- Interfaces with local airport authorities to ensure company compliance with all local policies. Ensures monthly reports are submitted to local airport authorities as required
- Submits an operating budget and operates within that budget. Highly proficient in keeping costs of station operations at a minimum. Ensures all invoices are sent forward to be paid promptly.
- Ability to travel to support new or ongoing operations
- At least 8 years of extensive airline operational experience.
- Able to perform all aspects of Boeing 737, A320 Ground and Cargo Operations including Loadmaster, handling hazardous materials, de-icing, fueling, catering, security, etc.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple assignments in a high stress environment.
- Ability to interact, communicate and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, customers in all levels of management.
- Proven ability to lead and manage the activities of a diverse and work force.
- Skilled problem solver with leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication, decision and management skills.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience.