The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Anesthetist 1 at the King Edward Memorial Hospital (Acute Care Facility).
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
This position is being advertised prior to contract renewals with a view to attracting suitably qualified Bermudians/Spouses of Bermudians. Registration with Bermuda Medical Council is mandatory.
- Acts as a professional resource to the Bermuda based Chief of Anesthesia that has day-to-day responsibility for providing clinical anesthesia and ICU care to BHB patients
- Provides pain relief for surgical patients. Administers anesthetics, monitors patients vital signs during surgery, adjusts anesthetics accordingly throughout the procedure and administers certain medications for faster recovery
- Ensures patients are safely placed under anesthesia without pain; monitoring patient's blood pressure, heart rate and breathing during the procedure; replenishing lost blood or fluids if necessary; stabilizing a patient if anesthesia causes negative reactions; overseeing patients while anesthesia wears off; and deciding if a patient can be taken out of the recovery room into a regular hospital room
- Diagnoses and treats patients with medical diseases, accomplished through resources assigned to the Surgery and Intensive Care Service.
- Delivers patient care through hospital rounds, morning reports, conferences, consultations, participation in anesthesia care and other similar activities
Qualifications & Experience:
- Board qualified Consultant in Anesthesiology
- Fellow at an accredited Medical School
- Five years experience as an Anesthetist
- Excellent knowledge in critical care medicine, pharmacology, surgery, internal medicine and cardiology; analytical and problem-solving skills; superb interpersonal skills; and strong attention to detail