The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Appointed Actuary, Barbados, RBC Insurance
Job SummaryWill be responsible for the support and enabled success of the International Insurance Business (IIB) through timely and effective measurement of the actuarial obligations of the IIB and identification, measurement, reporting and mitigation of risks.
This position also serves as an advisor to senior management. The role is a good fit for either a mid-career actuary who has a keen interest and drive to move to more progressive roles or a senior retired actuary with a keen interest on growing the team to enable succession planning.
This position is located in Barbados.
What will you do?
- The incumbent is the Appointed Actuary for the Barbados based Royal Bank of Canada Insurance Company Ltd. (RBCICL). RBCICL is a Reinsurance company that is focused on delivering Reinsurance solutions for clients located around the world.
- Accountable for liability and capital adequacy with work to be performed per actuarial standards of practice and regulatory requirements.
- Strategic management of risks to protect RBCICL from unacceptable losses or undesirable outcomes with respect to earnings volatility, capital adequacy or liquidity, while supporting and enabling its business strategy.
- Financial management through actuarial portfolio performance reviews, analysis of earnings and input into business plans and forecasts.
- Develop and mentor staff.
What do you need to succeed?
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Canadian Institute of Actuaries
- At least 10 years of experience within the life insurance industry
- Leadership skills to engage team and communication skills to drive action
- Strong analytical and technical skills to build the foundation for carrying out accountabilities
- Knowledge of life insurance standards of practice, reserving principles, insurance accounting, product design and administration, pricing framework, capital regime, and regulatory compliance guidelines and Canadian IFRS.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, deal with ambiguity and work under pressure
Nice to Have
- Experience in life retrocession and annuity business
What's in it for you?
- A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
- Competitive pay and high-earning potential
- All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
- Flexible work/life balance options