The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Commissioner Of Appeals (GMG SEG 3)
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified officers to fill the position of Assistant Commissioner of Appeals in the Revenue Appeals Division of this Ministry.
Under the leadership of the Deputy Commissioner, the Assistant Commissioner of Appeals manages appeal cases from beginning to completion and participates in conducting of hearings for the settlement of appeal cases assigned in which appellants have disputed decisions made by the Revenue Authorities.
- Manages all aspects of the cases from assignment to completion, with the aid of the case management system;
- Resolves revenue appeals cases;
- Maintains case records and related documents and prepares progress reports on assigned cases;
- Serve as a resource for the Commissioner and Deputy Commissioners
- Performing and documenting pre-hearing analysis and all preparatory case work;
- Provide advice to the relevant Revenue Authorities regarding revenue leakages;
- Conducts research and consults with the Legal Counsel concerning legal interpretations, case law precedence and issues involving Natural Justice;
- Conducts training/workshop and assist in developing relevant manuals.
REQUIRED SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE:
- Expert knowledge of revenue administration, including revenue laws and related precedents
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant International Principles governing Accounting, Auditing, Commerce, Customs, Trade, and Law
- Working Knowledge of investigative policies, methods and objective
- Working knowledge of judicial procedures and the rules of evidence
- Working knowledge of international taxation treatments with specific emphasis on double taxation agreements
- Excellent Negotiating and Persuading Skills
- Excellent Objectivity/Integrity Skills
- Excellent Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BSc. in Accounting/Management Studies /ACCA III or its equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years related experience in revenue audits or customs valuation within a Revenue Department
- Experience in adjudicating on tax matters would be an asset
- Salary: $2,097,527.00 - $2,493,300.00 per annum
- Travelling : $707,448.00 per annum
We thank all for applying, however please note that only qualifying applicants will be contacted.