The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Commissioner- Petroleum Audit
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant post of Assistant Commissioner- Petroleum Audit, Large Taxpayers Division (RS Level: 12) within the Guyana Revenue Authority.
- Providing leadership, support and guidance to staff to ensure that the Petroleum Revenue Audit programme is effectively managed.
- Ensuring work of the section is in-line with the GRA’s corporate strategic plan with the supporting budget for the section.
- Ensuring that all the relevant activities to be undertaken and required resources are considered and that expenditures are made within the budgetary allocations.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relations with external and internal stakeholders, ensuring that the section provides a consistently high level of service.
- Providing guidance and directives in the auditing of the targeted corporation to ensure full tax compliance.
- Conducting discussions with executives of corporation or their representatives objecting to assessment to resolve issues justly.
- Assisting the Deputy Commissioner LTD to formulate and vigorously pursues strategies for promoting and enhancing voluntary compliance by large taxpayers in the petroleum industry.
- Participating in the profiling of companies and determining their inclusion/exclusion from the list of those with LTD status depending on the maintenance of established criteria.
- Fostering the development and usage of electronic services by Large Taxpayers to improve process efficiencies.
- Dealing effectively with complexities of multi-national entities example transfer pricing to assure that they fulfill their tax obligations.
- Providing assistance and services, including a “Problem Resolution Programme”, with respect to examination and enforcement of Guyana’s tax laws.
- Coordinating and securing legal advice where necessary for legal enforcement problems from the Programme Planning, Risk Management and Advisory Services Section.
- Recommending policy and legislative amendments to enhance tax compliance management.
- Assessing the risks associated with enforcing full tax compliance by the large corporations and individuals and provides input for the risk management portfolio of the GRA.
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Management, Economics, or any other equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant managerial experience with at least three (3) years in a senior management position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Tax Laws, standard procedures, Trade Policies and Regulations, related court rulings and case law.
- Comprehensive knowledge of auditing principles, practices and standards and their application.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Exchange of Information Conventions and Practices
- In-depth knowledge of tax evasion practices, and international tax issues.
- In-depth knowledge of standard business operational and commercial practices (both local and international).
- Excellent interpersonal skills including, written and oral communication, analytical, persuasive, team building and negotiating skills.
- Excellent leadership, organisation and team building skills.
- High level of Integrity.
- Sound knowledge of the relevant computer systems and applications.
- Ability to organise, motivate and resolve conflict constructively.
- Ability to conduct interviews.