The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Compliance Manager
Job SummaryHSBC Life (International) Ltd is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual for the role of Assistant Compliance Manager.
The role will report to the Principal Representative for the Company and will be responsible for supporting the effective management of the Company’s regulatory risks and compliance with Bermuda Monetary Authority regulatory requirements and standards.
- Provide liaison and pro-active advice to the Company on the meeting of Bermuda Monetary Authority regulatory requirements and standards and assist with the effective management of regulatory compliance
- Play an active role in assessing how regulatory change impacts the Company and support the implementation of new or changing regulatory requirements
- Interact with external Counsel as required including attendance at regular update meetings
- Maintain awareness of regulatory changes affecting the Company and ensure appropriate communication and development of appropriate procedure changes to ensure compliance in line with regulatory timetables
- Work closely with the Company’s Hong Kong Compliance function to ensure cohesiveness.
- Support line management in discharging responsibilities to comply with Bermuda Monetary Authority regulations and support effective interaction and direct communication with the Bermuda Monetary Authority
- Support line management with Principal Representative responsibilities and Board preparation
- Foster good relations with the Bermuda Monetary Authority and other regulatory bodies (as required)
- Interact with relevant Bermuda industry bodies on Regulatory Compliance related matters impacting the Company
- Relevant qualifications (compliance, accountancy or internal or external audit or similar)
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years post qualification practical experience in Regulatory Compliance or a similar field
- Insurance market experience (preferably Life)
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Strong communication, negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills