The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Electro Technical Officer (ETO)
Job SummaryThe Assistant Electro Technical is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the electrical plant and associated electrical systems as designated by the Chief Electro Technical Officer and Chief Engineer.
Responsibility and Authority
- Regular reporting to update Chief Electro Technical Officer of any issues with the electrical system under his/her responsibility.
- Specific Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Onboard Lighting Maintenance.
- Onboard Passenger and Crew Cabin Electrical Systems.
- Onboard Passenger and Crew Launderettes Equipment.
- Under the instruction and guidance of the Chief Electro Technical Officer, assist in the maintenance and repair of the Vessel’s Electrical generation/distribution and Propulsion Plants.
- Under the instruction of the Chief Electro Technical Officer, assist in the maintenance and repair of the Vessel’s Galley Equipment.
- Under the instruction of the Chief Electro Technical Officer, be available to assist with the Vessel’s Engine Room Electrical Systems.
Education and Experience
- 1 year relevant experience in electrical systems
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Must have Electro Technical Ratings Certificate III/7