The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Facilities Supervisor
Job SummaryTo assure safe and efficient tanker discharges and assist with day to day functioning of Sol depot.
- Assure the highest level of safety awareness and practices at all times.
- Manage local distribution operations including receipt, storage and distribution by road or barge with timely submission of product and sales reconciliations
- Tanker receipts
- Lubricant stock receipts and count
- Oil Mop receipts
- Depot management and maintenance
- Aviation tanks
- Tanker discharge lines including the discharge manifold
- Fire suppression system
- Daily inspections of vehicles and depot to ensure safety compliance
- Submission of daily paperwork to supervisor for filing
- Weekly stock advice
- Aviation Gantry management and maintenance
- Transport and receipt of items ordered
- Communicate with Customer Service any delivery issues to facilitate prompt customer notification
- Tidiness of LPG depot
- Shipment of ISO containers
- Office maintenance and housekeeping
- Preparation and closing out of Aviation audit items
Associate degree or Higher Diploma in a technical subject with 3-5 years relevant experience at a supervisory level within a distribution operation
Other Competency Requirements:
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Outlook, MS word, Excel, MS Project and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience in Supervising teams and individuals.
- A practical operator with a proven ability to get things done on time and on budget.
- Knowledge of the BVI market and operational methods of people in the area.
- Numerate with the ability to analyze data such as reviewing supplier and contractor quotations.
- Able to self plan, motivate, and deliver results.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and an attitude to work well with others in teams.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships with the proven ability to supervise people.
- Expresses confidence in dealing with suppliers, negotiates well.
- HSSE and Emergency Codes compliance.
In addition to basic salary the successful applicant shall receive any applicable job grade allowances, and be eligible to participate in the SOL Group Pension Scheme and its non-contributory Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme