The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Guest Relations Manager
Job SummaryThe role directly oversees the operations of the Guest Relations Desk, while ensuring the successful execution of a purposeful driven service culture.
Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
The Assistant Guest Relations Manager is a passionate, service-driven leader with exemplary problem resolution skills. The role directly oversees the operations of the Guest Relations Desk, while ensuring the successful execution of a purposeful driven service culture. The Assistant Guest Relations Manager incorporates the latest service trends of the hospitality industry resulting in a distinctive and unparalleled service experience. Fostering a positive work environment is key to ensuring complete guest and team satisfaction. The operational goals of training, leadership, development, and recognition of individual and team performance are paramount to the success of the overall operations. The Assistant Guest Relations Manager will assist the Guest Relations Manager in continuously improving the overall ratings and is held accountable for the guest relations experience.
Leading by example, the Assistant Guest Relations Manager will represent the department in a professional and courteous manner at all times, including physical and verbal interactions with guests and all shipboard employees, while in public and crew areas.
- Will be accountable for resolving all issues to the guest satisfaction while following up to ensure complete service recovery.
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises, and provides performance feedback for the evaluations of the Guest Relations Staff and Junior Guest Relations Officers to the Guest Relations Manager.
- Schedules the Guest Relations Officers and Junior Guest Relations Officers in order to provide full coverage at the desk and stateroom services at all times.
- Makes announcements over the public address system onboard, in the event the International Host/ess is not available.
- Manages and maintains departmental finances within budgetary requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years hospitality management experience in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise line.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing personalized services including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and guest satisfaction evaluation techniques.
- Intermediate computer software skills required.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training