The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Manager Data Management Office
Job SummaryHSBC Bank Bermuda Limited is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Manager to work within the Data Management Office to develop and deliver data-centric solutions based on prioritized business data issues.
This will include data remediation initiation activities through to sustainable quality solutions. In addition, the successful incumbent will provide wider data management support services to the bank on various governance, risk and compliance issues.
- Developing the data management operating model, and a future state roadmap within country
- Controlling data governance, risk and compliance, ensuring country-level oversight including the provision of data metrics and scorecards, and sustainable adherence to data policy and local regulatory requirements
- Promote and champion data management standards and facilitate good practices and a compliance culture across the bank
- Identify, prioritize and remediate and control data-centric issues, creating effective and sustainable remediation plans to both fix underlying root causes and prevent reoccurrence
- Provide a sustainable approach to data quality measurement that will result in improvements of data quality over time
- BSc/BA in data management or a relevant analytical field
- Five years’ experience or equivalent in an analytical data related role, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Excellent understanding of data governance, risk and compliance, and in managing the delivery of data-centric remediation programmes
- Familiarity with modern data management techniques, systems, dashboards, and related information technologies
- Ability to deliver both individually and through a team, with minimal supervision
- Excellent written, oral communication, and collaboration skills, with the ability to organize and prioritize daily workload and responsibilities for both the team and individually