The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Manager, Financial Support Services Unit
Job SummaryQualified individuals are invited to submit applications for the position of Assistant Manager, Financial Support Services Unit (FSSU) at the Jamaica Business Development Corporation.
This individual should have sound knowledge of the financial services sector, sound knowledge of the relevant legislative and regulatory guidelines governing financial operations, products and services, excellent interviewing and negotiation skills, and sound supervisory and administrative skills.
The essential duties to be performed include:
- Identifying training needs and developing, implementing, and evaluating key finance-based training programmes for clients.
- Conducting research on MSME financing/financial products in Jamaica and internationally to advise clients on new and existing products and services.
- Designing, developing, revising and maintaining a suitable client management system that will provide adequate data needed for reporting, analysis and projections.
- Assisting the Manager with the necessary administration required to distribute grants received and to review financial plans and proposals.
- Reviewing the business environment to identify and keeping abreast of new and emerging trends and opportunities in business and financing, including new regulations that have the potential to impact the MSME sector.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance or related discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity in a Bank, Credit Union or other acceptable financial institution
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite