The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Manager/ Network Administrator, Information Technology
Job SummaryQualified individuals are invited to submit applications for the position of Assistant Manager/Network Administrator in the Information Technology Department at the Jamaica Business Development Corporation.
This individual should be highly skilled in installing and administering computer hardware software and networks, and have thorough knowledge of a wide range of computer networks, network administration and network installation operating system, and of current technology related to Jamaican applications, networks and telecommunications and the equipment and software required to maximize system support.
The essential duties to be performed include:
- Maintaining network systems, and administering network workstations utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP network protocols primarily in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Investigating user problems, identifying their source, determining possible solutions, testing and implementing solutions.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining personal computers, Microsoft Windows Server, networks, Microsoft Windows workstations, file servers, CAT 5 networks, network cabling and other related equipment, device, and systems ads.
- Upgrading and configuring modems, disk drives, CD ROM unit’s, printers and related equipment.
- Troubleshooting networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent
- Experience in network performance, local and wide area network management, system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Supervisory/management training