The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Manager, Treasury & Financial Risk Management
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Assistant Manager, Treasury & Financial Risk Management.
Reporting to the Manager, Treasury & Fiscal Risk Management, this individual will be integrally involved in ensuring the effective functioning of the operational areas falling under the treasury and risk management function.
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following duties:
- Assist with the efficient management of the University’s financial resources to maximise returns and to maintain the overall financial health of the organisation;
- Verify electronic payment files prior to uploading for approval by approvers;
- Monitor cheque production/electronic payments area to ensure that processed payment documents are transferred to filing room such that supporting documentation retained in the area accords with internal policy guidelines;
- Identify and recommend improvement to strengthen security over cheque production and electronic vendor payments;
- Monitor general operations on the cashiering operations, identify and make recommendations to improve operations;
- Prepare investment schedules each month for review and sign off by Treasury Manager;
- Reconcile investment accounts quarterly;
- Ensure proper and timely accounting for endowment account transaction by liaising with the Billings and Receivables Unit to obtain details of scholarship funds to be applied to student accounts;
- Ensure the timely posting of Journal entries to record treasury transactions;
- Make recommendations for improvement in operational efficiency;
- Prepare schedules to meet monthly financial reporting deadlines as well as interim and year end audit timelines.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- CPA , ACCA Certificate or any other recognised professional qualification in accounting or finance, with at least 3 years post qualification experience;
- Competence in the production of cash flow projections and key software applications;
- Experience in Banking and Finance would be an asset.
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills;
- Proficient in the main Microsoft suite of products;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Well developed human relation skills;
- Proficient in the use of critical software application;
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines.
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted