The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Pension Audit Analyst
Job SummaryProvide “hands on” support to the Pension Audit Analyst and Project Co-ordinator in ensuring that the Pension and Leave Records for monthly-paid and daily-paid staff are extracted, certified, and documented.
Extract records from Personnel files and “Kalamazoo” filing systems related to:
- Date of first appointment
- Vacation leave eligibility
- Salary incremental date and associated data
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches pay-record cards, files, and other relevant documents, in order to obtain information for the preparation of Pension and Leave Records of staff attached to the Health Care Facilities.
- Documenting data on appropriate Pension and Leave forms in the approved manner, and preparation and checking of Statement of Indebtedness.
- Checks to ensure that any changes in salary of Public Officers are in accordance with existing policies and guidelines.
- Apprises the Pension Audit Analyst of any inconsistencies discovered.
- Assists the Pension Audit Analyst and the Project Co-ordinator in the performance of other duties ancillary to and associated with Pensions/Terminal Benefits and leave when required.
- Work on VSEP exercise, attending to staff concerns re VSEP/Transfer and distribution of packages.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to be analytical with attention on detail.
- Ability to solve problems and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of, and experience in the extraction of personal pensionable records in the Public Service.
- Some knowledge in the Public Service Rules/Regulations/Circulars and Precedents, relating to Pension and Leave.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Level/CXC passes in English Language and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in the preparation/maintenance or auditing of Pension and Leave Records in the Public Service.
- Team player with integrity and initiative.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those persons, who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the position will be contacted.