The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Procurement Officer (GMG/AM 3)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Assistant Procurement Officer (GMG/AM 3) Western Regional Health Authority - Regional Office.
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ an Assistant Procurement Officer for the Regional Office. Reporting to the Regional Procurement Officer, the incumbent will facilitate the timely acquisition of works, goods and services by approved methods using public funds on behalf of the procuring entity. The incumbent will be expected to execute these functions in a manner that is transparent, effective and will ensure that the Region is obtaining value for money.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of the Region’s Annual Procurement Plan.
- Prepares tender documents inviting suppliers and contractors to participate in procurement opportunities.
- Convenes tender opening sessions and verifies eligibility.
- Convenes tender evaluations and finalizes reports for recommendations and award of contracts.
- Assists in the procurement of goods and services for major projects in the Region.
- Assists the Procurement Manager in preparing for and making submissions to the National Contracts Commission.
- Assists in inventory management by analyzing reports prepared by storekeepers and other personnel in the WRHA.
- Ensures that purchase orders are coded to the correct cost centers, where the Procurement Unit purchases in bulk for the region.
- Assists with the completion of the Contractor General Reports.
- Prepares Monthly Reports.
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Must have procurement training and hands on experience
- Must have a good knowledge of Government Financial Management and Procurement procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of the Microsoft Office Suite especially Microsoft Excel
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Accounts or Finance/Management from an accredited institution
- Certification in Supplies Chain Management / Public Procurement
- At least one (1) year related experience
NB: Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.