The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Registrar, Student Records Unit
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Assistant Registrar Student Records Unit, Office of the Campus Registrar.
Reporting to the Campus Registrar, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management and supervision of the operations of the Unit including, but not limited to, leading and directing seamless registration of students across all Faculties, and off-site locations of the UWI.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research and evaluation of trends, anticipating the needs of management for information and the provision of appropriate management information to the Campus Registrar for planning and decision making by the Senior Management of the Campus.
- Preparation of Fee Schedules and the development of Fee Assessment Protocols;
- Preparation of Course Offerings/Schedules;
- Management of the student administration system and its interfaces including the overall management of Banner Student, the establishment and maintenance of academic regulations, rules and procedures on the Banner system;
- Development of system controls and protocols for access, and the management of course offering, scheduling and faculty load;
- Overseeing the preparation of the Student Undergraduate Handbook;
- Keeping abreast of the annual Student Registration Statistics and keep up-to-date with changes in systems which underpin student administration in Banner Student;
Essential Qualifications And Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in the discipline;
- At least 4 years’ marketing experience in student administration at the tertiary level.
Preferred Qualifications, Experience, Abilities, Skills And Attributes:
- Experience in using Banner Student
- Experience with Information Systems and the ability to develop processes and utilize technology to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and practices related to The University of the West Indies would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build consensus in conflict situations
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Ability to work in a high demand environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse set of individuals across all categories of staff
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.