The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Assistant Storekeeper works under the guidance of the Storekeeper. Assists in the maintenance of all assigned food storerooms.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Assistant Storekeeper works under the guidance of the Storekeeper. Assists in the maintenance of all assigned food storerooms.
- Assists with maintaining organized and clean storerooms that are properly labeled, and product is protected and safeguarded.
- Assists with preparing storerooms for new inventory to be received. Stock stores according to USPH and safety standards.
- Responsible for rotating product in stores in accordance to first-in-first-out (FIFO) and expiration dates.
- Assists with preparing external orders of food, chinaware, glassware, hollowware, flatware, and table linen for the Provision Master.
- Assists in maintaining all related inventory within budgeted levels and reports any variances to the Provision Master.
- Assists with receiving food orders and storing product according to USPH and SEMS regulations.
- Advises Storekeeper of any variances from received orders compared to order.
- Assists with filing internal requisitions, and issuing the product requested and approved, according to Company policy.
- Assists with controlling waste and spoilage of product. Completed room temperature logs on SEMS, USPH, and FDA approved forms.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 1.5 years as a Storekeeper or Food and Beverage Storeroom Attendant for a high-volume multi-outlet food and beverage operation or previous shipboard experience in the same position is required.
- Minimum one year experience dealing with vendors and suppliers, as well as, inspecting product for quality and adherence to specifications is required.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge and experience working in a large food storing and issuing operation is required.
- Basic to Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Training Course Certificates in the areas of USPH, safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures from a recognized educational institution are required.