The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Associate / Assistant Professor - Process Engineering
Job SummaryTo provide operational supervision and functional direction to instructors and support staff and facilitates the Department’s teaching, research and service objectives.
- Develops and delivers assigned course content:
- Enacts curriculum, develops course materials and assigns projects;
- Grades and assesses student learning outcomes;
- Supervises junior and support staff and facilitates academic advising;
- Delivers training as and when required;
- Assists in developing class schedules;
- Participates in curriculum and programme development;
- Provides regular and timely feedback to students;
- Conducts research and undertakes related scholarly activities:
- Conducts research in a particular field of knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals;
- Attends and makes presentations at conferences;
- Maintains currency in related discipline through involvement in professional organizations, workshops, etc;
- Provides service to the University and the wider community through participation in various committees, undertaking programme leadership responsibilities, conduct of workshops, seminars, public lectures, and professional consulting services.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Chemical or Process Engineering related Ph.D. from a recognised University or Institution with relevant combination of experience and training.
- Minimum of three (3) years actively involved in teaching and research in an institution of higher learning or a minimum of three (3) years as an actively practicing engineer.
- Demonstrated scholarly activity such as publications, presentations etc.
- Demonstrated theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject field or discipline
- Proven creativity and pedagogical skills
- Sound communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to professional excellence and continued growth within subject field or discipline
- Ability to keep abreast of advanced teaching methods, including the use of current and future technologies to support student learning and career objectives