Helps corporations by advising them concerning legal rights, obligations, and privileges, Constitutional issues, statutes, legal decisions, Securities Exchange Act compliance and reporting requirements, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies and government agencies; representing them in Initial Public Offerings, transactional, and litigious matters.
- Obtains and retains corporate clients by following-up on referrals; understanding case information; presenting legal options; maintaining rapport.
- Provides legal advice to corporations by conducting legal research; keeping clients abreast of developments in corporate transactions, corporate financing, and securities law compliance; providing explanations of legal concepts and actions; devising corporate protections to shield corporations from liability exposure.
- Facilitates business entity change and growth by representing corporations in mergers and acquisitions, buy-outs; spin-offs, re-capitalizations, re-incorporations, tender offers and defenses to tender offers; structuring financing techniques; securing lending in leveraged acquisitions; conducting due diligence activities related to contemplated financing.
- Provides corporate policy direction by providing advice on labor relations and protection of intellectual property; developing legal agreements such as, non-compete, trade secret protection; structuring executive compensation.
- Develops corporate law cases by supervising paralegals; reviewing investigative findings; consulting with experts; completing discovery process.
- Completes corporate law case preparation by preparing legal briefs; developing strategies, arguments, and testimony.
- Maintains corporate law case progress by following and enforcing productivity and quality standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Resolves corporate law cases by filing lawsuits; settling, mediating, or bringing to trial; planning, organizing, and presenting arguments and counter-arguments; engaging expert witnesses; preparing and presenting evidence; preparing and interrogating witnesses.
- Maintains cost standards by monitoring expenses; recommending cost-saving opportunities.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates corporate law job knowledge by tracking case law and the development of legal theories; keeping abreast of commission and agency rulings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes law firm goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Juris Doctor, Notary License, Local Attorney License, Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Employment Law, Corporate Finance, Conceptual Skills, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Negotiating, Intellectual Horsepower, Objectivity, Administrative Writing Skills.