The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Audiovisual Technician (MCG/AVT2)
Job SummaryUnder the supervision of the Technical Processes Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for the preservation and conservation of the microfilm and audio collections.
- Material microfilmed.
- Labels affixed
- Microfilms duplicated.
- Microfilms digitized.
- Microfilms processed.
- Client requests satisfied
- Microfilms filed.
- Audio recordings transferred.
- Audio recordings edited.
- Off-air broadcasts recorded.
- Documentation prepared and maintained.
- Environmental conditions monitored.
- Technical metadata assigned.
- Reports prepared.
- Collates materials to be microfilmed:
- Ensures correct pagination.
- Checks contents of materials to ensure items are in correct order.
- Record missing pages or folios.
- Microfilms materials from the print collection
- Prepare labels for microfilming to ensure easy identification such as title, name of collection, location, date of filming, etc.
- Digitizes damaged and deteriorating microfilms.
- Processes and duplicates16/35mm microfilms.
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Provides microfilm scans on request.
- Assists with routine maintenance of microfilm equipment Files microfilms Assists members of staff and the public in the use of microfilm readers
- Prepares audio material for digitization.
- Conducts the transfer of audio material to digital format
- Assists with recording off-air radio broadcasts.
- Documents technical metadata for preservation and access to audio visual resources.
- Adheres to conservation practices by demonstrating at all times safe handling of material.
- Adheres to digitization standards for audiovisual material.
- Keeps abreast of developments, trends and issues in areas of responsibility.
- Prepares monthly progress reports.
- Performs routine maintenance on audio visual equipment
- Assists with the installation and operation of the public address system for both NLJ and off-site functions.
- Material collated for microfilming according to agreed standards
- Labels prepared according to agreed standards
- Material microfilmed according to agreed standards
- Material microfilmed vs target set
- Material duplicated according to agreed standards
- Microfilms duplicated vs target set
- Microfilms digitized according to agreed standards
- Audio recordings digitized vs target set
- Audio recordings digitized according to agreed standards
- Audio recordings edited vs target set
- Audio recordings edited according to agreed standards
- Off-air broadcasts recorded within specified time
- Off-air broadcasts recorded vs target set
- Environmental conditions monitored according to agreed standards
- Reports prepared within specified time
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Customer & Quality Focus
- Team Work & Cooperation
- Preservation and Conservation
- Data Management
- Digital Resource Technology
Minimum education and experience
- Five (5) passes at CSEC level or equivalent including English Language
- One year related working experience
Special conditions associated with the job
- Exposure to acetate-based microfilm subject to deterioration leading to vinegar-syndrome.
- Exposure to chemicals when undertaking conservation work.
- Requires wearing protective gears when working with film.
Salary scale $595,465 - $707,820 p.a.
We appreciate all responses, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted