The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Audit Manager II
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Audit Manager II.
The Audit Manager II reports directly to the Campus Management Auditor and is responsible for theinternal audit review of business units and to make recommendations for management action to be taken for remediation of control weaknesses identified.
The successful candidates will be required to:
- Exercise ownership and management of assigned portfolio of audit engagements for full engagement cycle i.e. planning execution, reporting, follow-up and validation of remedial action. (Role of AIC).
- Deliver strategically planned and designed audit projects to add value and improve the operational efficiency, rigour of the internal control environment and to identify opportunities for cost reduction, income generation and /or income recoveries from the operations of the University.
- Exercise ownership and management of the audit client relationship for each engagement cycle, including co-ordination of correspondence, interviews, negotiation and follow-up.
- Supervise audit field staff assigned to engagements, including the review of audit working papers and preparation of assignment performance appraisals.
- Work collegiately the regional senior management of the audit department.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants should have at least 5 years post qualification experience and evidence:
- Financial/Operational audit staff - M Sc in Risk Management, Business Administration, Higher Education Administration or a related field and relevant professional qualifications (CIA, CRMA, CISA, CRISC, CFE, CISA, ACCA etc.)
- Proficiency in Office Tools and familiarity with audit software and data analytics is desirable.
- Good communication, interviewing skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Good ability to analyse data and identify trends / themes
- Demonstrated team player with a proven ability to work unsupervised and to use own initiative