The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Auditor (FMG/AS 3)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post of Auditor (FMG/AS 3) – (two positions), in the Ministry of Labour and Social Security.
The Auditor (FMG/AS 3) will assist all levels of management in achieving the organizational objectives effectively, by examining the internal control systems in accordance with the Government policies and procedures to determine the adequacy and integrity of the system.
- Provides advice/guidance to team members to ensure accuracy of information disseminated to operational managers;
- Reviews/reforms Audit Reports prepared by team members then collates and submits a team report to Auditor (AS 4);
- Conducts audit of subsidiary ledgers of Vote Accounts, Deposit Account, Overseas Workers’ Savings Account, Appropriation-In-Aid Accounts, Fund Accounts and Investment Accounts to determine accuracy and reliability of information documented and adherence to the Accounting Standards;
- Reviews and signs off on working papers for audits undertaken by the team members to facilitate preparation of Interim/Monthly/Quarterly Reports;
- Prepares assignment Work Plan to support Annual Audit Plan and Interim Time-Budget based assignments;
- Assists in the follow-up of audit queries to ensure deficiencies are corrected, improved, procedures are implemented and internal controls are being adhered to.
- Provides leadership to staff by assisting in delegation and communication of duties and responsibilities and in identifying training needs;
- Participates in the orientation of staff within the Department;
- Ensures that staff is aware of and adhere to policies, procedures and regulations of the Ministry;
- Performs any other duties assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of auditing standards and procedures including value for money audit
- Excellent knowledge of the organization’s policies and procedures
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good presentation and oral and written communication skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to lead and work in team
- Working knowledge of relevant computer application
- Sound knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- First Degree preferably in Accounts, Finance, Business Administration, Management or Economics or ACCA Fundamentals or equivalent and over two (2) but less than five (5) years’ experience in audit/specialized area;
- Successful completion of relevant Government auditing courses and professional audit training would be an asset.
Special Condition Associated with the Job
- Investigations carried out in volatile communities.
Salary range $1,348,545 - $1,602,996 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.