The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Auditor, Health Quality Systems
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of Trinidad and Tobago for the post of Auditor, Health Quality Systems, on contract, for a period of three (3) years, in the Ministry of Health.
Work in close collaboration with the Standards and Protocol Officer and Health System Research Officer to develop the audit/monitoring element of the Quality Improvement Programme. Work includes conducting quality reviews and surveillance audits throughout the Health Sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulates the implementation plan for introducing a quality review/audit system.
- Ensures the development and incorporation of quality systems norms in all areas of health care management, particularly in the more critical areas.
- Creates mechanisms to monitor quality systems.
- Contributes to the establishment of benchmarks to facilitate verification of quality performance in all areas of the Public Health Sector
- Conducts quality reviews and surveillance audits.
- Detects areas where policies and procedures are required as well as where greater emphasis should be placed on the adherence to existing ones.
- Prepares periodic reports on work activities including surveys.
- Assumes special assignments and performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Training
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Health related discipline with experience in Health Quality Management including auditing and knowledge of research methodologies.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Quality Management or a similar area
- Any equivalent combination of training, experience and skills