The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Bank Reconciliation Officer (FMG/AT 2)
Job SummaryPerforms Bank Reconciliation Accounts for the Ministry’s Recurrent and Deposit, Capital A and Capital B Accounts
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures the Bank Reconciliation of Department Capital A and B, Recurrent and Deposit Accounts are done in a timely manner
- Ensures the collection of all cashed cheques and bank statements from the bank
- Collates all cashed cheques and bank statements received
- Posts all items that appear on the bank statements on the Financial Management Information System
- Forwards bank reconciliation statements for authorization.
- Ensures that the cash book reconciles with the bank statement.
- Matches all cashed cheques against bank statements received for each month and determine discrepancies.
- Researches all items which appear on the bank statement without notifications
- Prepares journal vouchers for debit and credit memos as well as bank charges seen on the bank statements
- Informs supervisor of discrepancies errors found from statements and follow up until errors are corrected
- Refers stale cheques to Accounts Payable Officer to be removed from outstanding listing
- Submits completed Bank Reconciliation Statements to Head Final Accounts
- Files cashed cheques, journals and bank statements
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting Procedures
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications.
- Customer Service
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- AAT level 2 or ACCA-CAT Level B or
- Certificate in Accounting from a recognized University or.
- Completion of second year in B.Sc in Accounting/Management Studies or BBA at a recognized University or
- ASc. in Accounting, MIND or;
- Government Accounting Level 2 Module 1-5
- Three (3) years related work experience
Salary Scale: $784,147 - $932,105 Per Annum
Please note that we thank all for responding but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.