The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryGrand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Banquet Captain
Duties & Responsibilities
- Looking for a Banquet Captain who monitors and leads events for set-up, seating, service, safety, and wellbeing of guests.
- Liaises with the Meeting Planner to comply with their requirements.
- Ensures staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service and that guest needs are met.
- Maintains cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Complete opening and closing duties as necessary, including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in Banquets, Restaurants and/or Room Service operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be computer literate as will be completing reports at the end of each shift or function, and preferably have knowledge of Opera and PeopleSoft.
- Minimum of at least one year experience in a similar position.
- Must be flexible and willing to work early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.