The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Breastfeeding Counsellors (Independent Contractors)
Job SummaryThe Breastfeeding Counsellors (Independent Contractors) shall conduct approved breastfeeding lecture sessions and counsel patients in the Ante-Natal and Post-Natal Clinics as directed by the District Health Visitor.
- Sessions should last 10 to 15 minutes and the total duration of sessions completed per day shall be a minimum of four (4) hours or the duration of the clinic, whichever is longer.
- The Breastfeeding Counsellors (Independent Contractors) may be assigned to specific clusters or may be directed to any cluster based on the monthly schedule provided by the Authority.
- The Breastfeeding Counsellors (Independent Contractors) shall report to the District Health Visitor.
Minimum Training and Experience
- A mother who has breastfed at least one (1) child for at least six (6) months and beyond
- Ability to offer evidence based breastfeeding information and mother centred support to antenatal and postnatal women
- Exposure to specific training to support breastfeeding women inclusive of practical sessions as evidenced by a certificate.