The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Building, Repairs and Maintenance Officer (SOG/ST 3)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Building, Repairs and Maintenance Officer (SOG/ST 3) Central & Western Regions (2 Posts).
Under the direct Supervision of the Senior Building, Repairs and Maintenance Officer, the Building, Repairs and Maintenance Officer, has the responsibility to conduct routine electrical maintenance on a variety of electrical systems, components and structural facilities in Post Offices across the respective regions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repairs and maintains electrical equipment systems e.g. motors generators, controllers, transformers, switchgear and circuit breakers and batteries;
- Removes, repairs, replaces and tests assigned equipment;
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and repairs ballast and light fixtures;
- Installs, repairs and maintains motors control system;
- Operates small hand tools in the maintenance and repair of electronic and related equipment and systems;
- Troubleshoots operations on all types of electrical systems;
- Assists with the wiring or re-wiring of new or existing facilities, structures, or equipment/machines as required;
- Routes electrical repairs associated with mechanical equipment; service electrical systems;
- Assists with the execution of special electrical work projects as required;
- Maintains accurate reports of preventative tests and repairs done;
- Observes safe work methods and utilizing safety equipment related to the assigned job;
- Assists with the repairing of stamp cancelling machines;
- Assists with the plumbing and carpentry maintenance activities as appropriate.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Possesses analytical & critical thinking skills;
- Possesses problem solving & decision making skills
- Is Goal/Result oriented & driven;
- Good time management, planning and organization skills;
- Possesses integrity;
- Ability to use own initiative and creativity;
- Possesses knowledge in operating hand power tools;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among conflicting demands;
- Keen eye to details identifying and correcting defects.
Qualification, Experience, & Training
- Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from UTECH or other recognized University;
- Certificate in Customer Service.
- Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance from HEART;
- Certificate in Customer Service;
- Four (4) CXC subjects including Mathematics and English Language;
- Five (5) years’ experience in the Building and Maintenance or related field/environment.
The incumbent is required travel extensively and must own a reliable motor vehicle.
The Central Region covers Clarendon, Manchester, St. Ann & St. Mary and the position is based in Mandeville.
The Western Region covers St. James, Hanover, Westmoreland, St. Elizabeth and Trelawny and the position is based in Montego Bay, St. James.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.