The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Business Development/Finance Officer
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Business Development/Finance Officer, Business Development Office
The successful incumbent will be responsible for identifying, analyzing and implementing viable commercial net income generating projects; through conducting market research, including needs assessments studies; developing strategic business alliances with pertinent industry players; writing project proposals with supporting feasibility studies and business plans; and providing financial oversight for the research and institutional development activities that fall under the BDO.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Analyze and identify market and business opportunities to grow the revenues of the Mona Campus
- Strategically target and build business relationships with pertinent industry players
- Develop commercial income generating projects from concept to implementation with supporting feasibility studies/business plans
- Define and develop the systems for tracking financial and operational targets of implemented business ventures
- Manage business projects to ensure financial, operational and other deliverables are met
- Develop the key performance indicators of the BDO in accordance with the Strategic Plan and monitor to ensure targets are achieved
- Maintain the financial records for the ventures under the BDO and prepare management accounts
- Develop facilities and service standards, and monitor the ventures under the BDO to ensure improvements and audit same
- Audit the ventures under the BDO to ensure compliance with contractual arrangements
- Prepare and manage the budgets of the BDO and the commercial entities it oversees.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Postgraduate qualification in Business Administration with concentration in Finance and/or Accounting;
- Sound knowledge and experience in financial and management accounting;
- Sound knowledge and experience in business development and strategic planning;
- At least 3 years work experience at a managerial level analysing and writing commercial project proposals for funding/business consultancy/business development;
- Competency in conducting feasibility assessments and market research;
- Strong competency in the following areas; Microsoft Office Suite, Risk Management, Business Process Analysis and design, Project Management including familiarity with PM software.
Abilities, Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrate clear understanding of finance and accounting principles, application, and analysis
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate insights and opinions around business problems, identify business opportunities and pre-empt problems
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, court and transform from prospect into client and/or successful venture/project;
- Possess excellent communication, time management and coordinating skills.
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.