The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryTo support established grocery strategies by introducing new product mixes while maintaining inventory that are deemed profitable.
To liaison with store management and corporate support in a concerted effort to meet customer demands and enhance the shopping experience.
Key Job Tasks
- Grow the Grocery Business through Inventory Purchases.
- Attend trade shows.
- Purchase inventory based on customer base and marketability.
- Monitor inventory cost and ensure correct margins. Oversee re-orders.
- Review and analyze grocery sales daily, weekly, monthly and year to date. Analyze comparatively with previous years to clearly understand the market trends. Comparatively and carefully analyze the external market. Report and make firm recommendations to become the leader in the market
- Confirm budgetary allowance with assigned management, ensure that grocery expenses are maintained within the allocated budgets and are carefully controlled for maximum mileage. Ensure that approved expenses are documented as budgeted.
- Maintain healthy vendor relationships. Seek further authorization prior to establishing new vendor relationships. Ensure that terms and conditions set by vendors are cost effective and beneficial. Review over and shorts and ensure the submittal of claims – follow up until there is resolution.