The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryEaton Corporation located in Haina, Dominican Republic has an opening for a Buyer.SCM.Procurement.
- Execute the procedures relating to the area of local and international purchases to ensure supplies of materials needed for each area of the organization, selecting the right suppliers, negotiate and carry out orders according to established departmental requirements.
- Responsible to contribute and make purchases of items in local and international market, such as disposable materials for manufacturing, office supplies for all departments, supplies for the area of maintenance and miscellaneous.
- Responsible for data entry of local and international purchase orders.
- Responsible for daily sent all orders to each provider, track it and confirm receipt in our facility and delivered to the applicant.
- Follow up on purchase orders with suppliers and ensure timely delivery.
- Monitoring of requisitions made daily in local system, to follow the requirements of different departments.
- Control inventory and indirect materials budget production.
- Follow the closure of orders upon receipt the requirements, by the Receiving Clerk in AS400 at each division.
- Support the Accounts Payable Department in the process of closing orders and bill payment.
- Responsible for releasing invoices in hold.
- Keeping the database up to date on the Purchase Order System (MAPICS).
- Responsible for dealing with the inclusion of new suppliers or changes that are already in the system through the Gatekeeper.
- Manage petty cash department.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or similar careers.
- Experience 1 - 3 years in similar positions.
- Advanced knowledge of English.
- PC Management and Microsoft Office programs. Preferable knowledge in Oracle and AS400.\
- Competencies: Builds Organizational Capability, Thinks and Acts Strategically, Gets Results.