The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe St. Augustine Campus is looking for a level 5 leader to take charge of the affairs of the Registry in these challenging times.
The Campus Registrar is the most Senior Administrator on the Campus and in accordance with Ordinance 21 discharges the functions of that office under statutes 19.1 (e), 19.2, 23.5 and 38.4 (a) in addition to being secretary to all campus committees.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- The successful applicant must have a higher degree.
- A PhD or EdD. in Higher Education Administration/or leadership would be an asset.
He/she must have a minimum of 15 years experience at a senior management level and must have led a sizeable team. A sound understanding of current national and global trends and issues in Higher Education would also be required.
- Leading the Units/Divisions/Departments under the Office of the Campus Registrar.
- Leading institutional transformation with a central role in forward planning, development, strategy and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Leading strategy implementation with Balanced Scorecard Tools, to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative procedures, systems and standards.
- Servicing all statutory meetings of Campus, including, Campus Council/Academic Board/Campus F&GPC/Campus Appointments Committee.
- Ensuring that Enterprise Management Systems viz Banner Students and Peoplesoft are being used optimally.
- Ensuring that the maintenance and security of the campus are administered properly.
- Interpreting the Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations and ensuring compliance with same.
- Prudent budget management.
- Cooperating with the University Registrar to ensure uniformity of administrative procedures, systems and standards across the campuses.
- Performing other duties as may be required by the Campus Principal.
The individual should have an accessible and visible leadership style, effective listening skills, good interpersonal and organisational skills and a commitment to collaboration and shared governance.