The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Carpenter (LMO/TS 4)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Carpenter (LMO/TS 4), Western Regional Maintenance Unit.m
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ a Carpenter for the Maintenance Department. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will provide carpentry services throughout the Region including installations and repairs of all furniture and equipment in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
The incumbent will also be expected to:
- Build and install drywall partitions.
- Replace or repair doors, locks, door closure devices, windows and other furniture/fixtures.
- Build cabinets and other wooden equipment using woodwork machines such as saws, shaper, jointer etc.
- Document all work done using work order system and submitting same to the supervisor.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all the work shop tools and equipment to ensure they are in safe operating condition.
- Perform any other related duties assigned.
Qualification & Experience:
- NCT/VET level II General Construction certificate or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- A minimum of two (2) year relevant working experience.
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Analytical Skills and Critical Thinking Skills
- Ability to multi-task.
NB: Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.