The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Cashier (FMG/CS 1)
Job SummaryThe North East Regional Health Authority is seeking to fill the position of Cashier at the Port Antonio Hospital.
Under the general supervision of the Hospital Accountant, the successful candidate must possess:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum four (4) CXC/GCE O ‘Level subjects inclusive of Mathematics or Accounts
- Certificate in Government Accounting (Module 1) would be an asset.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in general accountinG
Specific Knowledge Required:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial and accounting reports.
- Good management and interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited:
- Preparing and issuing an official receipt to patients for the exact amount of cash collected.
- Recording all exemptions, under programmes such as, Programme for Advancement through Health (PATH), Jamaica Drug for the Elderly Programme (JADEP), National Health Fund (NHF) and NI Gold, and balance the appropriate books.
- Correctly complete insurance claim forms as requested by patients.
- Preparing itemized bills for patients
- Balancing cash receipts with cash collected and prepares report on a daily basis, by entering the receipt numbers and the amount collected on the appropriate form. Cash collected must be in agreement with the total on the summary report.