The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryResponsible for preparing patience for tests, examinations and/or treatment. In conjunction with other nursing personnel provides 24-hour on-call duty on the AUTEC Project
- Operates Electrocardiogram, Radiology, Audiology, Laboratory, Vision, Instrument Sterilization and Respiratory equipment.
- Manages supplies and medications providing for stocking, issuing, disposal, inventory controls, and related reporting requirements
- Participates in provision of required reports
- Performs assessment and treatment of patients
- Provides medical care and stabilizes trauma and cardiac patients
- Administers and dispenses medication including intravenous infusions and executes Medical Evacuation procedures including, but not limited to dispersing information to appropriate recipients
- Participates in Chain of Custody Drug screening
- Acts as custodian of controlled substance inventory
- Supervised by and Reports directly to the Project Physician
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Nursing or 2 year Registered Nurse degree
- Registered Nurse Certification in the United States of America.
- If four year RN degree then, 3 years related experience working in Emergency Department Nursing environment that requires a high level of autonomy.
- If a two year RN degree then, 10 years of nursing experience with at least three of those years working in an Emergency Department Nursing environment that requires a high level of autonomy
- Certificates required in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Life Support, and Hearing Conservation Training Certificate (within six months of employment).
- Valid Drivers License and passport will be required.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain the required government security clearance.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel Frequently lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds to assist with moving and positioning patients.
- Steady hand movement for frequent handling of specimens.
- May walk or stand for extended periods of time for patient care
- Occasional exposure to weather conditions in response to medical calls or emergencies outside the AUTEC Dispensary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.