The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Catering & Conventions Service Manager
Job SummaryThe Catering & Conventions Services Manager provides coordination and servicing of convention, group and local business.
- Reports to the Director of Conventions
- Responsible for all aspects related with the coordination of groups in house that have been assigned by the Director of Conventions: Pre- planning with the clients, estimated cost of the program prior to group arrival, up-sells all banquets revenues, executes banquet event orders, group resume, follows up on the day to day coordination of the group.
- This person acts as a liaison between the meeting planners, social events and hotel staff.
- This person participates in arranging and coordinating all meeting and local social events to include weddings and holiday parties.
- Details including meeting room set ups, coffee breaks, food and beverage functions, audiovisual needs, group transportation, wedding ceremonies, billing instructions and other special requirements of the group/event.
- He/she will also coordinate the set-up and oversees the function space, developing catering contracts, booking post-convention reports, monthly forecasting and more as requested.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Prior hotel conference management and catering experience required
- Luxury/4-diamond hotel experience preferred
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, creative, organized and results driven
- Candidate should be extremely detail oriented, organized and be able to handle a fast paced environment
- Must be able to meet the demands of clients' events to include presence at numerous food and beverage functions throughout the day
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Computer experience with Windows, Excel, Opera, Office and Microsoft Outlook will be an asset.
- Provide personal attention to clients from the time a group is classified as definite until the bill is paid to ensure total satisfaction of group needs
- Prepare Banquet Event Orders and Group Resumes for all appropriate hotel departments to facilitate efficient purchasing, planning and employee scheduling
- Provides forecasts, provides Actuals vs. Forecast at end of month with comments.