The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Change Co-ordinator is responsible for providing full time support for the Manager of the Change and Transition Management Unit in the implementation of the Integrated Change and Transition Management effort.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively manages stakeholders and meets expectations, as relevant.
- Manages the development and distribution of project communications for the purpose of keeping stakeholders aware of the events associated with the projects, and the potential impact, with a view to fostering the stakeholders’ support of the projects and the associated changes.
- Defines and resolves key strategic change and operational change management issues impacting projects in conjunction with the Project Management Unit and Health Sector Transformation Unit.
- Coordinates and supports training and skills transfer processes.
- Supports the Project Management Unit in building and maintaining high performance project teams, by planning and organizing events designed to promote the communication of information to all team members.
- Chairs weekly Change and Transformation management team meetings and prepares and distributes minutes.
- Identifies and communicates benefits to be derived from the projects and supports the achievement of these benefits.
- Champions aspects of the Integrated Change Management Strategy and Plan that are out of scope for the Change and Transition Management team, to ensure that these critical elements are appropriately addressed by key stakeholders within the Ministry of Health.
- Provides monthly status updates on the implementation of the Change Management strategy and Plan to the Steering Committee(s).
- Monitors feedback and updates the Communications Strategy and Plan as required.
- Identifies change issues and risks and addresses these matters as required. Escalates all outstanding matters to the Project Management and Steering Committee as necessary.
- Reviews and edits work deliverables produced by the Change and Transformation Team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the principles, tools and techniques required in championing and managing change management within a medium to large organization.
- Some knowledge of government policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Some knowledge of the principles and methods involved in project management.
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams, technical and professional staff.
- Ability to organize and plan work plans
- Ability to monitor and evaluate the success of plans when implements
- Ability to think critically and recommend changes as required
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to promote team work and manage conflict.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of Tools.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Change Management, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or a related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience working in the use of Change Management and Organizational Development methodologies and tools/human resource management best practices./
- A Master’s Degree or post graduate qualification in Change Management or
- Organization Development would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of the public sector will be considered an asset.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the positions will be contacted.