The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Checking and Monitoring Officer
Job SummaryThe job of the Checking and Monitoring Officer requires the incumbent to check and monitor the sale of sand to clients of the EMBD in accordance with the policy and procedures of the EMBD.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks and monitors the sale of sand from the quarry.
- Checks and monitors the volume of sand that is being sold by the EMBD to clients.
- Ensures transparency and accountability in the sale of sand of EMBD to clients
- Ensures the opening and closing of the quarry gates as directed by the Manager, Quarry Mining/Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Ensures that safe practices are executed by the operator as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Reports accidents/ incidents/ near misses in the quarrying operations.
- Assists with the formulation, implementation and monitoring of rehabilitation plans.
- Reports on road and drainage conditions of the quarry.
- Ensures that the quarry boundaries are not breached
- Reports on any breaches to the agreement between operator and EMBD.
- Ensures that the vehicles and equipment of the operator are in good working conditions.
- Prepare weekly reports on sale of sand by EMBD from the quarry.
- Performs other duties as may be required from time to time.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety practices.
- Knowledge of rehabilitation of degraded sites.
- High degree of integrity.
- Must possess Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Have a friendly and engaging personality.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work long hours.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- NEBOSH Certificate in Health and Safety, Level 3.
- Diploma in Forestry.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in the rehabilitation of degraded sites.
- At least ten (10) years’ sales experience.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted